Life on a Roller Coaster

"When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 16, 2005

Leaving

I miss my sister. I was blessed with the chance to spend a weekend with her. Now, although I would love to say I spent the whole weekend with her alone and did the "sister" stuff - not quite true. We did so much though. Saw many people - shopped at IKEA (always important) - spent alot of time with Dad (more important) and got the bejesus scared out of us at House of Wax. It was a full, fast and fun weekend and I hope she knows how much I miss her. I always hate to tell her that she should come back here. Life isn't always certain and who am I to decide where is best for her to live. Selfishly though, I want her closer to me but openly - what if I ever think of moving .... I would want her support me too. ... I digress... I hope she had a great weekend with me and Dad and everyone we saw. But today came too quick and off she drove with Dad to meet up with Mark to go back to Michigan again. And I sit here thinking about how lonely I am... I tell you I spend so many days thinking about how strong I am and how it isn't that bad to be single - but you know today is a day that reminds me that I don't get company that often, I don't get people who want to come visit and just see me as often as I would like, and when they are all gone I only have the memory of someone to hug when I am sad to be alone again. Now I will go to bed and begin my healing back to strong and alone... to wait a couple of days and open the wounds of hometown faces. (Happy 1 Year Anniversary April and Mark)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home